Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communications Systems
Located in Berlin, the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS now has a track record of over 20 years research and development of communication and integration solutions for partners from industry, contract research and public administration in the fields of telecommunications, automotive,
eGovernment and software development.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS researches and develops demandoriented solutions for partners in industry, contract research and public administration.
• Communication technologies and services and their interoperability
• Architectures and protocols for future communication networks and platforms
• Interactive technologies for individual and community-type applications
• Integration of processes and IT systems in eGovernment
• Measurement and testing of distributed telecommunications systems
• Methods for the automation and optimization of software and systems development in the telecom and automotive sectors.
From the idea to the (pre)product, Fraunhofer FOKUS facilitates innovative processes in enterprises and institutions, - including in such sectors as telecommunications, automotive, eGovernment and software development. Its own solutions and those developed together with partners, are tried, tested and
demonstrated in the FOKUS-own wide range of dedicated laboratories. With more than 20 years experience in research and development, Fraunhofer FOKUS sees its role as an interface between the world of university research and the public and private sectors.
Role in the project:
Fraunhofer is the leader of work package 4 (Open Data).